Welcome to Golf is an initiative that aims to help new adult golfers get started on their golf journey. We believe that the key to an enjoyable first golf experience is ensuring that the golf course is a welcoming, positive, comfortable environment for EVERYONE!
Are you interested in trying golf but don't know how to get started?
We have good news, you're not alone! Interest in golf is at an all-time high and Welcome to Golf is here to help you get started in a relaxed, commitment free setting surrounded by fellow new golfers. We're partnering with golf courses across Canada to do just that.
Throughout the 2024 golf season at participating courses across Canada!
What is an open house?
Attend an open house and be introduced to:
- where/how to check in upon arrival at the course
- the features and function of a Clubhouse/Pro Shop
- how to use the practice area prior to playing
- how to know when it's time to start playing
- things to be aware of during your round... and more importantly things that you DON'T have to worry about!
- where to start and finish each hole
- where to enjoy some great food and a cold drink after your round!
These Open House events may vary slightly from course to course but will all have a common theme: Creating a welcoming, positive, comfortable environment for all new golfers in attendance.
There's only one opportunity to create first impression and
we're here to help ensure that yours is a positive and lasting one.
THE NGCOA CANADA
The National Golf Course Owners Association (NGCOA) Canada is a not-for-profit trade association, owned and governed by its membership made up of Canadian golf facilities from coast-to-coast. The Association owns and manages consumer GOLFEXPOs across the country, prints and distributes the Golfer's Red Book in British Columbia and Eastern Ontario/Outaouais, is a partner in the Golf Fore All Book in Central Ontario, runs the Welcome to Golf and Get Golf Ready adult player development programs and the Take A Kid To The Course program.